Pre Physician Assistant Program Clerkship and Mentorship
Our Pre Physician Assistant Programs last 16 weeks. The 36 modules include the following:
- 200 hours of real-life Patient Experience: Scheduling is based on your needs and Physician Assistant availability.
- Patient Advocacy Experience: Serve as a patient liaison through the Quality of Life Patient survey, giving you direct patient contact. We provide you with invaluable questionnaires and techniques to use with patients so you develop your bedside manner while honing your interviewing skills.
- Physician Assistant Mentorship: We’ll assign you a PA Mentor to shadow and who will answer your questions and provide insight and guidance regarding the Physician Assistant career.
- Online courseworkincluding 36 independent modules to ensure your Physician Assistant Program application is as competitive as possible so you will be part of the 4.7% of students accepted nationally to physician assistant school. Our graduates have a 97% acceptance rate into Physician Assistant Programs.
- Personal Narrative course and review, including edits from a former admissions committee member.
- Two Videotaped Mock Interview and Critique By Our Interview Panel recorded confidentially and presented to you in order to point out your interview strengths and weaknesses, further develop your communications skills, learn to synthesize answers to common PA program interview questions using the patient experiences EXCELL provides, and crush your interview jitters.
- Graduate Project: Quality of Life Patient Survey/Plan of Action Presentation to Facility Administration based on findings as a Patient Liaison
Upon admission to our pre-PA program, we will also outfit you for your Pre Physician Assistant program:
- Membership with the New Jersey State Society of Physician Assistants (NJSSPA)
- Blue Lab Jacket
- Standard Adult Blood Pressure Cuff
- Facility Access/Facility Identification Tag
- Medical Terminology Self-Study Online Resource
- How to Optimize Your Physician Assistant School Interview Performance live lectures and online video
- Creating A Stellar Personal Narrative live lectures and online video
Pre- Physician Assistant Program Schedule
All programs are adjusted to fit your school schedule and are based on rolling admissions, so the sooner you apply, the better your chances of being placed with a mentor.
Physician Assistant Shadowing Opportunities in New Jersey
Our network of Physician Assistants to shadow is constantly growing! We have many PAs in New Jersey available for mentorship and shadowing. We currently serve the following areas – but if you don’t see a town near you listed, apply anyway! We can often find placements outside of our regular network.
- Cedar Grove
- Park Ridge
- West Orange
- Yonkers, NY
*PAEA-Program Repoort 31 (2014-2015; updated June 2017).