Pre Physician Assistant Program: Improve Your PA School Application Process!
Most applicants to PA school have an exceptional GPA, lots of volunteer work and community service activities as well as simple shadowing – the two portions of the Physician Assistant school application process where you have the opportunity to stand out are the interview and the personal statement.
Our team of former PA school admissions counselors, current Physician Assistants, and current PA school students will begin by assessing your current application to identify your strengths and weaknesses (have you scheduled your free, no-obligation consultation?). We’ll then recommend specific items to help you improve, which may include the following:
- Our flagship mentorship program, which includes patient advocacy experience, direct patient contact, and mentorship from one of our outstanding Physician Assistants as well as a Quality of Life Patient Survey/Plan of Action Presentation to Facility Administration based on your findings as a Patient Liaison
- Our signature online coursework to help you improve your personal narrative
- Our unique advanced interview preparation programs, completed online
- A comprehensive review of your personal narrative, including edits from a former admissions committee member
- In-depth mock interviews, including a critique from our interview panel which is recorded confidentially and presented to you in order to point out your interview strengths and weaknesses, further develop your communications skills, learn to synthesize answers to common PA program interview questions using the patient experiences EXCELL provides, and crush your interview jitters.
Are you ready to learn how you can improve your PA school application?
Patient Contact Experience & PA Mentorship Program
Upon admission to our pre-PA mentorship program, we will outfit you with the following:
- Membership with the New Jersey State Society of Physician Assistants (NJSSPA)
- Blue Lab Jacket
- Standard Adult Blood Pressure Cuff
- Facility Access/Facility Identification Tag
- Medical Terminology Self-Study Online Resource
- How to Optimize Your Physician Assistant School Interview Performance live lectures and online video
- Creating A Stellar Personal Narrative live lectures and online video
Pre- Physician Assistant Program Schedule
All programs are adjusted to fit your school schedule and are based on rolling admissions, so the sooner you apply, the better your chances of being placed with a mentor.
Physician Assistant Shadowing Opportunities in New Jersey
Our network of Physician Assistants to shadow is constantly growing! We have many PAs in New Jersey available for mentorship and shadowing. We currently serve the following areas – but if you don’t see a town near you listed, apply anyway! We can often find placements outside of our regular network.
- Cedar Grove
- Park Ridge
- West Orange
- Yonkers, NY